Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hawk Talk: Monica Dolinsky, Soccer


Personal: Captain of six-time state championship club team Carmel Cyclones ... Cyclones won the 2007 US Youth Soccer National Championship in the U-19 Division ... Led the Cyclones to the Regional semifinals in 2003 and 2004 ... Coached by Gene Lindley ... Played on the Indiana State ODP team and Regional Team from 2000-04. Parents are John and Diane Dolinsky ... Has two siblings, Paul and Kris ... Majoring in architectural interior design.




Walk us through the experience of winning U-19 Nationals with the Carmel United Cyclones.
That was probably one of the best soccer memories I have had so far. We went to regionals seven times. But when I was 18, we won Regionals and Nationals in Frisco, Texas. It was pretty exciting, it all happened so fast. Emily Cressy was there at regionals as well, she won golden boot for her age group.


What was your favorite birthday party ever?
I love food, and I get to pick dinner for my birthday.

So if your birthday was tomorrow, what would you have?
I’d have some steak and seafood – lobster, shrimp, crab, mashed potatoes, corn, veggies, green beans. I like all food. For dessert, I’d have cheesecake with strawberries on top.


Tell us about your brothers Paul and Kris.
Once, my brother Paul got the three stripes shaved in the side of his head. I think that is pretty embarrassing, I wish I had a picture. That was probably in 1994.


What does the name Beth West mean to you?
Oh man. I didn’t think it was a big deal. They wrote about it in the paper. I didn’t even notice her on the field.

Apparently, you punched her!
Yeah, apparently things went down. But I don’t remember trying to hit her. I am not an aggressive person.


So if Beth West was here with us, would you apologize?
Yeah! I don’t mean to hurt people. I don’t mean to be mean!




Where was the College Football National championship game your freshmen year? Oh man. It was on ESPN and I was trying to figure out where it was being played. I asked my little brother and he texted me that it was in ‘Glendale, Ariz’, so I told everyone that it was being played out of the country, in Ariz. Everyone still makes fun of me for it.


So when the Monica Lewinsky scandal broke out, did you ever consider changing your name?
Nobody has ever asked me that. That’s so great! I used to want to make a press release when I was in 4th grade. I used to get made fun of, but I wanted to make sure people knew it wasn’t me. At first I thought it was cool, like I was on the news or something. But then I understood what actually went down and didn’t want to anymore.

Describe your love for the Olive Garden.
Oh man, the Olive Garden. We went yesterday, all the way to Topeka and back. Whoever is on their marketing team is awesome. The commercials… well, they stopped serving the commercial special on Sunday. It was supposed to be shrimp pasta with creamy garlic sauce. I was so excited to go, but then I was so upset. I told the waitress I was rattled, I didn’t know what to order for the longest time so I got ravioli and breadsticks. Oh, the breadsticks!


Would you rather wear sweats every day for the rest of your life, or never be able to wear sweats again.
Wait, what!? Oh my gosh. This puts me in a pickle. I’d have to go with never… oh man… I guess never wear them again. Who told you I wear sweatpants everyday!? I am torn, but I couldn’t wear sweats to my wedding. Final answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment