Friday, February 20, 2009

The First Post

What is this? Well to be honest, I don't think many of us know exactly where we are going just yet. But we here at the University of Kansas Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) decided if everyone else has a blog why not us. Hopefully- if we can stay dedicated in between whatever crazy class/athletic schedule we've created for ourselves- we'll be able to introduce a few of ourselves to you readers and keep you up-to-date and informed on KU Athletics and the fun stuff us athletes get ourselves into. By the way, I'm Brad. You'll probably hear a lot of things about me but let me assure you they are all lies, even the one I'll be forced to write about my rendition of Whitney Houston in a purple crushed velvet pimp suit. Enough about me because this is about SAAC and the cool kids involved around campus and in the community. Special thanks to Mike Harrity for letting us put this together and supporting our ridiculous ideas far more often than he needs or probably wants to. So before I go to lifting where I will surely be destroyed by "legendaries" here's a preview of what's to come.

First and foremost we have an upcoming full SAAC meeting 7pm in the Naismith room on Monday February 23rd. All are welcome and encouraged to join. Additionally, I am going to round up some of the other athletes and see if I can't get them posting on here pretty soon. Expect a little info from Paul Hefferon on last Wednesday's show at the Jazz Haus (I'll let him fill you in), maybe a little something from National SAAC Chairman and former KU Track All-Star Matt Baysinger on what's going on big picture style (that's right Paul, I called Matt the All-Star) and obviously lots and lots of fun stories. See all you Jayhawks at SAAC Monday. Rock Chalk.

-Brad Thorson

No comments:

Post a Comment